“Entering Canaan,” Day of Prayer and Healing for Men, Saturday, Oct. 29. Addressing issues unique to men suffering due to a past abortion. Co-sponsored by Lumina and the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. Information and confidential reservations: Lumina at (718) 881-8008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Margaret of Cortona
• Sunday, Oct. 2: Expectant Families Masses at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and noon
St. Columba’s School Gymnasium, Chester
• Teen Chastity and Traditional Marriage—Seminar by Damon Owens, Theology of the Body speaker, Saturday, Oct. 15 from noon to 4 p.m. Presentation for students in grades 7-12, and their parents. Information: Ed at (845) 242-4721.
St. John the Evangelist, Mahopac
•Respect Life Collection on Respect Life Sunday, Oct. 2. Baby bottle campaign also begins that day; proceeds benefit Emmanuel House and Touching Tiny Lives.
• Parishioner participation in Life Chain in Mount Kisco on Oct. 2 and 40 Days for Life in Danbury, Conn.
• Thursday evenings from 6:50 until 7:50, pray the Cenacles for Life before the Blessed Sacrament—five decades for priests and five decades for life. The gathering concludes with Benediction.
•On Oct. 2, the bulletin will include educational information about physician-assisted suicide to raise awareness of the issue among parishioners.
•Respect Life meetings are held on the third Monday of each month from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Social Hall.
Church of the Resurrection Chapel, Rye
• “The Original Image of Divine Mercy,” a documentary film for the Holy Year of Mercy, divinemercyfilm.com, Wednesday, Oct. 5, Feast of St. Faustina, at 7 p.m., sponsored by Entering Canaan Ministry/Reclaiming Our Children (ROC); $10 donation
Depot Square, Tuckahoe
• Public Square Rosary Rally (America Needs Fatima) Saturday, Oct. 15, from noon to 1 p.m. to pray for America during morally challenging times. Information: Fran Zacchetto at (914) 779-4804.
Other parishes with Respect Life Month listings may send them to email@example.com.