Auxiliary Bishop Dominick Lagonegro, episcopal vicar of Orange, Sullivan, Ulster and Rockland counties, celebrated a Mass to mark the 100th anniversary of St. Benedict’s Chapel in Wallkill July 16.
The chapel was incorporated into Most Precious Blood parish in Walden in 1912. Five years later, the chapel was formally dedicated and given the name St. Benedict. It is a mission of Most Precious Blood.
Father Joseph P. Fallon, pastor of Most Precious Blood and St. Benedict’s Chapel, concelebrated the Mass as did Msgr. Kenneth Loughman, pastor emeritus.
A brunch at nearby Popp’s Pavilion followed the Mass.